fdgdfnbWonderfully cheesy and filled with crisp tasty bacon pieces, what’s not to love about this simple pasta recipe? If you love cheese and bacon then carbonara’s a must-try meal for you. This is one of my favourite pasta dishes!
In the colder weather carbonara is definitely my go-to meal when I’ve had a really bad day. It’s easy and simple to make with plenty of room for inventive extras. You could add mushrooms like they do in Italian restaurants or add other vegetables. I personally enjoy adding some spinach to the meal occasionally. If you love cheese then I am sure you will enjoy this carbonara recipe. Read on to find out how to make it!
You can use any soft cheese in this dish but I personally prefer using Brie. Brie made from goat’s cheese is a tasty variation for those who can not have cow’s milk. The type of pasta used does not matter too much, I prefer it with tagliatelle or spaghetti personally. You can swap the bacon with mushrooms for a vegetarian friendly variety.
So, here’s how to make Carbonara:
Time: Approx. 40 minutes
- 6 rashers of bacon
- 1 egg
- Soft cheese such as Brie or Camembert
- 150g pasta
- Cut the bacon into pieces, dice the cheese and boil water for the pasta.
- Put pasta in a saucepan with the water and a pinch of salt.
- Sauté the bacon.
- Drain some of the oil out the pan and place it back on the hob.
- Lower the heat slightly and add the cheese, making sure to stir it until completely melted.
- When pasta is ready drain and pour the cheesy bacon mixture into the pan.
- Put the pan back on the ring.
- Break the egg into the pan and stir quickly for 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.