Looking for something to make with your leftover vegetables from Christmas dinner? We’ve got your back with this tasty parsnip soup recipe by Katie’s Dad.
This a fantastic recipe to use with any leftover veggies that you might have. You’re totally free to get creative and add whatever you like!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for this lovely, spicy parsnip soup:
- 1 large potato
- 1 large or 2 small parsnips
- Half an onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pint of vegetable stock
- A sprinkling of cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- As much black pepper as you’d like.
- A pinch of salt
- A drizzling of oil for your pan.
- A sprinkling of paprika (if you love it as much as me, that is!)
- Peel the potato and parsnip, before chopping them both into small cubes.
- Slice the onion and crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan, then add the onion and garlic.
- Lightly fry the mix for two minutes.
- Add the potato and parsnip, and then stir until fully coated in the oil.
- Slowly add the stock, then the seasoning to taste, and cover the vegetables with it.
- Bring to the boil for two to three minutes, then turn down the heat and let it all simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Blend it all to the required consistency. (We like it pretty smooth, but you can have it chunky too!)
- Serve with a sprinkling of paprika, if that’s your thing.
Little note: This soup also works with left-over roast parsnips, which give it a slightly smoky flavour. As we said, it’s perfect for those Christmas Day leftovers!